Re: st: Hosmer-Lemeshow test with clogit

From   "Peter Dijkstra" <>
Subject   Re: st: Hosmer-Lemeshow test with clogit
Date   Wed, 06 Feb 2008 15:47:15 +0100

That's a good idea!
I have a 4-option model, then I have the problem that a threshold of 25% nor the maximum probability are perfect as threshold. However, what if I'd like to select the maximum value? I use
    by each_individual: gen correctly_predicted = (probability == max(probability))
But this ain't working: what do I do wrong?
Cheers, Peter

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 14:59:58 +0100
> Von: Thomas Gschwend <>
> Betreff: Re: st: Hosmer-Lemeshow test with clogit

> I successfully convinced reviewers with the "percentage correctly
> predicted" using  -predict- and then cross-tabulate the predicted values
> (assuming a threshold of .5) with the values of your dependent variable.
> Thomas
> Peter Dijkstra schrieb:
> > After a normal logit model you can use the Hosmer-Lemeshow test to check
> the goodness-of-fit. However, I estimated a conditional logit (clogit)
> model and am unable to use lfit (I still use Stata8, in release 9 this
> corresponds to "estat gof"). Is there a similar test available somewhere?
> > Cheers, Peter
Alle Infos und kostenlose Anmeldung: