RE: st: Why was -index()- dropped?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Why was -index()- dropped?
Date   Thu, 24 Jan 2008 21:31:04 -0000

Indeed.

The version now on SSC is a rather old one. Perhaps it should be deleted
so that -findit- points only to the SJ files.

Fred Wolfe

It's kind of my fault for not knowing this, but -ssc install concord,
replace- doesn't find a new version. But if you know there is one (as
I now do) you can get it through -findit-..

. which concord, all

c:\ado\stbplus\c\concord.ado
*! 3.0.3  6oct2004  TJS & NJC rewrite for Stata 8

. . ssc install concord, replace
checking concord consistency and verifying not already installed...
all files already exist and are up to date.

// get it through findit-
. which concord, all

c:\ado\stbplus\c\concord.ado
*! 3.0.7  9aug2007  TJS & NJC fixed Stata 10 bug by adding missing
-version-

On 1/24/08, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
> This has been fixed for some time, as was promised. The update was in
> Stata Journal 7(3) 2007.
>
> Note that, as mentioned by Fred, the fault here was not with
StataCorp.