RE: st: clinical trials

From   "Verkuilen, Jay" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: clinical trials
Date   Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:19:59 -0500

Richard Williams wrote:

>>Self-promotional plug: The user-written -oglm- is patterned after
SPSS PLUM and provides most of the same capabilities, as well as a
few unique and/or Stata-ish features.  It is available from SSC.  The
support page is at http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/oglm/index.html<<<

Stata's facility at extension by users is a great asset and your program is very nice. However, it's tough for my students---who are using a network install and who therefore lack permissions to install components from ssc or elsewhere easily---to get at it so I don't tend to push the add-ons too much.

However, from a code standardization standpoint, Stata's openness can be... disconcerting. If I were a regulator (as opposed to an academic), I'd be cautious.

Jay

<<winmail.dat>>