RE: st: clinical trials

To   [email protected], <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: clinical trials
Date   Fri, 04 Jan 2008 14:58:09 -0500

At 01:47 PM 1/4/2008, Verkuilen, Jay wrote:

I agree with Phil Ender in his essay here (http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/technicalreports/) that knowledge of multiple packages is useful. Of mainstream packages, I prefer a Stata/SAS teamup, which, as Phil notes, complement each other nicely. (I also think knowledge of R is helpful.) SPSS is distinctly lacking but has a few gems in among the large pile of tailings, e.g., the MDS program proxscal or the ordinal regression module PLUM.
Self-promotional plug: The user-written -oglm- is patterned after SPSS PLUM and provides most of the same capabilities, as well as a few unique and/or Stata-ish features. It is available from SSC. The support page is at

http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/oglm/index.html

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]