st: Why aren't commands displayed within a foreach-loop

From   "Kieran McCaul" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Why aren't commands displayed within a foreach-loop
Date   Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:00:36 +0900

While we are on this, does anyone know why the commands aren't

Kieran McCaul MPH PhD
WA Centre for Health & Ageing (M573)
University of Western Australia
Level 6, Ainslie House
48 Murray St
Perth 6000

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Thorsten Faas
Sent: Tuesday, 20 November 2007 5:06 PM
Subject: st: display commands generated within foreach-loop

Dear all,

I'm sure my problem has a real simple solution, but I am unable to find
it - how can I actually *see* the commands generated by a foreach-loop.

Let's say I have the following:

sysuse auto, clear
foreach x in "mpg" "price" {
	ttest `x', by(foreign)

In this case, I would like to see

ttest mpg, by(foreign)

... output ...

ttest price, by(foreign)

... output ...

in my logfile, but I don't. All I see is the output of the T-test.

Any suggestions highly appreciated!