Re: st: model for fractional data with panel data

From   Daniel Simon <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: model for fractional data with panel data
Date   Wed, 07 Nov 2007 09:15:56 -0500

Ilaria - I am working on the same problem as you: a dependent variable that is a proportion, in a panel data model with fixed effects. I simply ran the glm model with family(binomial) and link(logit) options, and inserted the fixed effects manually using xi. This seems to work ok, although maybe someone can tell me if there is a problem with estimating the model this way.
Daniel