st: model for fractional data with panel data

From   Ilaria Tucci <>
Subject   st: model for fractional data with panel data
Date   Tue, 6 Nov 2007 17:22:32 +0000 (GMT)

Hi to all,
I have a panel dataset and I am estimating a model where the dependent variable is a share which varies between 0 and 1. I used the glm command. However, it does not apply to panel dataset and therefore it is not able to take into account fixed effects. I would like to ask you if you a know a way to  take into account the fixe d effects,.

Another question: Is that right that is not possible to transform the dependent variable in logarithmic form and then apply the related panel data models, since the logarithm of a variable between 0 and 1, varies between -infinite and 0, and thus it does no make sense to perform analysis on such a variable?

anyone have something to suggest me?
Thanks to all

L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail: