Re: st: new problem with table display

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: new problem with table display
Date   Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:07:06 +0000 (GMT)

--- "Jennifer S. Earl" <> wrote:
> I tried bigtab and it will produce the tables, but with a couple of
> problems. <snip>
> However, bigtab won't display the variable label, as tab does, in the
> table header, forcing me to produce a separate error codebook for my
> cleaners versus allowing them to see the variable label with the
> table.
> And, bigtab stops if there are no observations (i.e., no errors for
> that error variable) whereas tab just prints "no observations" and
> moves on.

What about Nick's suggestion (near the end of to make
your id a string variable? That way you can still use -tab- as you were
used to, and it will display all digits (now characters). If you are
uncomfortable with changing you id variable you can create a copy of it
and turn that into your id for use in -tab-.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081