Re: st: suppressing constant in qreg

From   "Woolton Lee" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: suppressing constant in qreg
Date   Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:03:52 -0400

okay.  Thanks for your reply.  I get the impression that the
appropriate approach to implementing an analog of "fixed effects" for
quantile regression would be to remove the respective quantile value
of the dependent variable.  In other words, if I'm estimating qreg for
the 0.25 quantile would a more sensible fixed effects analog be to
subtract the average of the 0.25 quantile of the DV for each panel?

person ID    time      explan. variable  DV
   1            1998
   1            1999
   1            2000
   1            2001
   2            1998
   2            1999

so take the 25th percentiles of the DV in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, &
2002, sum and divide by 5?

It seems like this could be done to the data first then qreg could be
run.  What do you think?

Woolton