Re: st: new problem with table display

From   "Richard Ohrvall" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: new problem with table display
Date   Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:52:00 +0100

Thank you for the response.

Yes, Nick, I meant user-written do-files, sorry about that.

I agree with your wish-list, but I, and I guess many more, would also
like to add the ability to easily transport the table to Excel or
other spreadsheet-programs, using commands instead of copy&paste and
getting it nicely formatted. Other statistical packages are a bit
ahead in this aspect.

Regarding Maartens comment, well I disagree, I often have weights
calibrated to known population totals (eg. from a census). It
therefore makes sense to have the exact population total in tables
instead of a scientific notation with rounded figures. Of course these
figures are usually a bit uncertain, but they are often treated as
certain (eg. the population in the Netherlands at a certain date) and
consistency in this aspect can help to avoid confusion.

Richard