Re: st: RE: return results from dstdize

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: return results from dstdize
Date   Tue, 30 Oct 2007 06:35:58 +0000 (GMT)

-- West Joe wrote:
> I have carried out my dstdize command but would like to get hold of
> the standard errors of the adjusted rates, either displayed or
> saved. I am using version 9.2. I have tried
> dstdize ndths pops agegrp, by(year) using(european_pop.dta)
> return list
> The standardisation goes ok but the returned results look like the
> output below. I was expecting the r(se) matrix to be a macro, and to
> be the standard error I am looking for, according to the online help
> but it seems not to be the case.

The standard errors are not stored in a macro but in a matrix called
r(se), so after -dstdize- you can access them using matrix commands,
for instance -matrix list r(se)-. One of the first steps I do when
dealing with these matrices is to create a new matrix without the
brackets in its name: -matrix se = r(se)-.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081