st: RE: return results from dstdize

From   "Kieran McCaul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: return results from dstdize
Date   Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:00:47 +0900

Hi Joe,

If you are standardizing rates within five calendar years, you'll end up
with five standardized rates and hence five SEs.
Yes?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of West Joe
Sent: Sunday, 28 October 2007 9:54 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: return results from dstdize

Hi

I have carried out my dstdize command but would like to get hold of the
standard errors of the adjusted rates, either displayed or saved. I am
using version 9.2. I have tried

dstdize ndths pops agegrp, by(year) using(european_pop.dta)

return list

The standardisation goes ok but the returned results look like the
output below. I was expecting the r(se) matrix to be a macro, and to be
the standard error I am looking for, according to the online help but it
seems not to be the case. I am assuming I have done something wrong but
can't figure it out.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Joe West

scalars:
                 r(k) =  5

macros:
                r(by) : "year"
                r(c5) : "`"2005"'"
                r(c4) : "`"2004"'"
                r(c3) : "`"2003"'"
                r(c2) : "`"2002"'"
                r(c1) : "`"2001"'"

matrices:
                r(se) :  1 x 5
                r(ub) :  1 x 5
                r(lb) :  1 x 5
               r(adj) :  1 x 5
             r(crude) :  1 x 5
              r(Nobs) :  1 x 5

attachment
may still contain software viruses, which could damage your computer
system:
you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with
the
University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK
legislation.