st: RE: return results from dstdize

From   "Kieran McCaul" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: return results from dstdize
Date   Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:00:47 +0900

Hi Joe,

If you are standardizing rates within five calendar years, you'll end up
with five standardized rates and hence five SEs.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of West Joe
Sent: Sunday, 28 October 2007 9:54 PM
Subject: st: return results from dstdize

I have carried out my dstdize command but would like to get hold of the
standard errors of the adjusted rates, either displayed or saved. I am
using version 9.2. I have tried
dstdize ndths pops agegrp, by(year) using(european_pop.dta)

return list

The standardisation goes ok but the returned results look like the
output below. I was expecting the r(se) matrix to be a macro, and to be
the standard error I am looking for, according to the online help but it
seems not to be the case. I am assuming I have done something wrong but
can't figure it out.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Joe West
                 r(k) =  5
                r(by) : "year"
                r(c5) : "`"2005"'"
                r(c4) : "`"2004"'"
                r(c3) : "`"2003"'"
                r(c2) : "`"2002"'"
                r(c1) : "`"2001"'"
                r(se) :  1 x 5
                r(ub) :  1 x 5
                r(lb) :  1 x 5
               r(adj) :  1 x 5
             r(crude) :  1 x 5
              r(Nobs) :  1 x 5

may still contain software viruses, which could damage your computer
you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with
University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK