Re: st: STATA10SE : weird problem with Boxplots

From   "Svend Juul" <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: STATA10SE : weird problem with Boxplots
Date   Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:17:42 +0200

Diego wrote

I am writing here to ask about a really weird problem I am having
with graph box (or hbox) command in STATA 10 SE.
I updated the machine this morning from STATA 9.2 adding also Stat
transfer 9.
Essentially I have the same problem as discussed a couple weeks ago
just here: all the graph commands work fine except graph box; when I try
I got some weird messages all concerning r111 issue:

variable _box_sort not found

is the most frequent but not the only one. I tried uninstalling and
reinstalling STATA,
without updates, and then with updates (running update swap command at
the end)
but nothing changed.
My update query command reports:

Stata executable
    folder:               C:\Program Files\Stata10\
    name of file:         wsestata.exe
    currently installed:  15 Oct 2007
    latest available:     15 Oct 2007
Ado-file updates
    folder:               C:\Program Files\Stata10\ado\updates\
    names of files:       (various)
    currently installed:  15 Oct 2007
    latest available:     15 Oct 2007
    Do nothing; all files up to date.

I tried also to run the same dataset in STATA 9.1 (different comp) and
graph box command works
just fine there.

With Stata/SE 10.0 (15 Oct 2007) / Windows XP the following works fine
on my computer :

   sysuse auto
   graph box price, over(rep78)

Could you show us your exact command, preferably using one of the canned

Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6
DK-8000  Aarhus C, Denmark
Phone: +45 8942 6090