[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]

Re: st: STATA10SE : weird problem with Boxplots

From   "Svend Juul" <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: STATA10SE : weird problem with Boxplots
Date   Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:17:42 +0200

Diego wrote

I am writing here to ask about a really weird problem I am having 
with graph box (or hbox) command in STATA 10 SE. 
I updated the machine this morning from STATA 9.2 adding also Stat
transfer 9. 
Essentially I have the same problem as discussed a couple weeks ago 
just here: all the graph commands work fine except graph box; when I try
I got some weird messages all concerning r111 issue: 

variable _box_sort not found

is the most frequent but not the only one. I tried uninstalling and
reinstalling STATA, 
without updates, and then with updates (running update swap command at
the end)
but nothing changed. 
My update query command reports: 

Stata executable
    folder:               C:\Program Files\Stata10\
    name of file:         wsestata.exe
    currently installed:  15 Oct 2007
    latest available:     15 Oct 2007
Ado-file updates
    folder:               C:\Program Files\Stata10\ado\updates\
    names of files:       (various)
    currently installed:  15 Oct 2007
    latest available:     15 Oct 2007
    Do nothing; all files up to date.

I tried also to run the same dataset in STATA 9.1 (different comp) and
graph box command works 
just fine there.


With Stata/SE 10.0 (15 Oct 2007) / Windows XP the following works fine
on my computer :

   sysuse auto
   graph box price, over(rep78)

Could you show us your exact command, preferably using one of the canned


Svend Juul
Institut for Folkesundhed, Afdeling for Epidemiologi
(Institute of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology)
Vennelyst Boulevard 6
DK-8000  Aarhus C, Denmark
Phone: +45 8942 6090
Home:  +45 8693 7796

*   For searches and help try:

© Copyright 1996–2017 StataCorp LLC   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   What's new   |   Site index