Re: st: New Resource for Using R with Stata

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: New Resource for Using R with Stata
Date   Thu, 11 Oct 2007 14:28:31 +0100 (BST)

--- Rob Kabacoff <> wrote:
> R is a free and comprehensive statistical and graphical programming
> language. It provides a wide range of  procedures that can enhance
> and extend Stata's capabilities (particularly when it comes to
> creating customized publication quality graphs).

At various conferences I had the following conversation:
Q: I realy liked your graphs. You must have done them in R.
A: No, Stata combined with the -lean2- scheme will give you graphs that
look pretty much the same as the graphs in R, and Stata -twoway- graphs
are as flexible as R graphs.

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081