st: New Resource for Using R with Stata

From   "Rob Kabacoff" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: New Resource for Using R with Stata
Date   Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:04:10 -0400

Hi Folks,

R is a free and comprehensive statistical and graphical programming language. It provides a wide range of  procedures that can enhance and extend Stata's capabilities (particularly when it comes to creating customized publication quality graphs).

I have created a website specifically designed to help Stata users get up to speed with R quickly. The site includes over 70 R tutorials on a wide range of subjects.

The URL is

Topics are organized around these headings:
* The R Interface
* Data Input
* Data Management
* Basic Statistics
* Advanced Statistics
* Basic Graphs
* Advanced Graphs

I hope that you find this useful. Please feel free to link to the site.

Feedback is always welcome.

Rob Kabacoff, Ph.D.