st: ODBC driver for Excel, <xmluse>

From   DHF <>
To   StataList <>
Subject   st: ODBC driver for Excel, <xmluse>
Date   Thu, 27 Sep 2007 12:01:59 -0700

Dear Statalisters,
Does anyone know where I can get an ODBC driver for Excel? I downloaded a trial from here <> for Access, and it seems to suggest that this should work for Excel as well, but I'm not sure. In any case, after downloading the package and adding a DSN linked to the Access driver and a specific .xls file, when I type <odbc list> in Stata, the list is empty. I am running Mac OS X and Stata 9.2. Also, I am having a problem with xmluse (another approach I am trying in order to read Excel worksheets into Stata) in that it keeps crashing Stata. Has anyone every encountered this?