Re: st: Wilcoxon Signed-Rank test.

From   "b.qureishi" <>
Subject   Re: st: Wilcoxon Signed-Rank test.
Date   Mon, 27 Aug 2007 00:33:53 +0100

Thanks Maarten, most appreciated.

I did actually figure it out, and after re-reading my thread I do feel rather
silly. Nonetheless, thanks for getting back to me.

Kind Regards

Quoting Maarten buis <>:

--- "b.qureishi" <> wrote:
I have normal and non normally distributed data. Im applying the
Wilcoxon signed-rank test on my non normal variables. However, how
do I compare and interpet my results againt other non normal

For example, my Z result for Non normal variable X is 3.82, and for
variable Y the Z value is 2.31.
Are you sure you have performed a signed-rank test(-signrank- in
Stata)? You should never get a result for one variable alone, the test
result is always a comparison of two variables.

So if you want to use to test whether the distribution of variable X is
the same as the distribution of variable Y you type:
signrank X = Y

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting address:

+31 20 5986715

* For searches and help try:

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized