Re: st: Stata window not maximized

From   [email protected] (James Hassell, StataCorp)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata window not maximized
Date   Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:31:23 -0500

Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]> wrote:

> Since I applied the 25 July update for Stata 10 the program window is
> no longer properly maximized. I use Windows XP and when I start Stata
> by double-clicking on a data file, the right and bottom border of the
> Stata window are a few pixels outside of the screen. I have to click
> on the Maximize button in the upper right corner to make the right and
> bottom border visible.

Friedrich is right; the position of the maiximized Stata window is not quite
right.  This occurs only under Stata 10 for Microsoft Windows and occurs only
when Stata is launched after the window was maximized in the previous Stata
session.

We will get this fixed and make it available in the next executable update.

As a temporary work around for those of you who normally use Stata
maximized, I suggest that you size Stata by dragging the window
borders so that Stata looks maximized without actually clicking on the
maximized button in the window title bar.

--James