st: summing variables

From   P chrisman <>
Subject   st: summing variables
Date   Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:09:16 -0700

Dear List,

I need to find the total mg of a treatment received for each subject. I have mg of treatment drug as variables mg_1 for the first dose received through mg_108 for the last dose received. I would normally just create a variable, e.g. gen totalmg= mg_1 + mg_2 to find the total, but since I have 108 doses to sum, I am wondering if there is a more efficient way to create the totalmg?

* For searches and help try: