Re: st: Stata10 SE and do files editor

From   Richard Williams <>
To, <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata10 SE and do files editor
Date   Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:08:44 -0500

At 08:46 AM 7/26/2007, Nuno wrote:
solve this problem. However, Stata10 exhibited a strange behavior: in a
fresh start I could change the limit with no problem (limit 960m); however,
after using stata for a while, and cleaned the memory from its contents when
I tried to increase the memory from 250m to 700m the error message that the
operating system refused to grant access to the memory was returned. I
decreased the amount up to 500m when I stopped receiving the message. Only
after restarting Stata (not the computer) I was able to access again the
960m. Did anyone else experienced this behavior?
I've found that the solution to 90% of all computer problems is to reboot the machine. My guess is memory gets fragmented as you use different routines, limiting the size of the blocks Stata can allocate.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu

* For searches and help try: