RE: st: Notepad++ and Stata

From   "Marcos Delprato" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Notepad++ and Stata
Date   Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:27:52 +0100

Have you tried UltraEdit? You can get it at and I
have integrated to Stata with syntax highlighting. You might also find
UltraCompare useful. Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Richard Ohrvall
Sent: 10 July 2007 02:44
Subject: Re: st: Notepad++ and Stata

thank you for your reply. Yes, I have tried to push up the sleep to
200, even 300, but I get the same result with the icon in the toolbar
saying that the script is paused.

The first time I use notepad++ to run the whole program or a selection
it works fine, but the second time I get this problem. But if
re-compile the script, still keeping Stata and notepad++ open, I am
able to send the code a second time, but if I try again without
re-compiling again I run into the same problem. Also, if I, after
running into this problem, close Stata I am able to send the code, it
starts up Stata and run the code.

Anyone who has an idea about what I might do wrong?

David, does the library you mention work with the light version of
Notetab, or do you have to have a more advanced version?

All the best,