From   "Michael Blasnik" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: re: general varlist in programs
Date   Mon, 21 May 2007 19:41:08 -0400

Although there are other ways to get there, for your future reference, you may want to look at -unab- to unabbreviate varlists and -tokenize- to place them into locals `1', `2', etc..

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kyle Hood" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 6:58 PM
Subject: Re: st: re: general varlist in programs

This is not the problem. I essentially unabbreviated the list in my loop before passing it to the program, which worked. I never refer to "`varlist'", anyway, simply to the variables in the local macros `1', `2', etc. Also, it's being used for an nl procedure. Maybe I should have mentioned that. That's probably what the issue is, but it's not a problem anymore.

Thanks for all of your help.