From   "Morrison Hodges" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Segmenting a dataset
Date   Thu, 17 May 2007 14:46:26 -0500

I have a dataset of 10 variables and 5000 observations. I need to calculate
the median of each variable in groups of 30 observations, i.e., the median
of each variable in observations 1-30, then the median for 31-60, then
61-90, etc. I know I can get the median from the p50 value of -summarize-,
but I'm not sure how to obtain consecutive segments of 30 observations each
to perform -summarize- on. Can anyone help?
Thanks, Morry Hodges

Morrison Hodges, MD
Professor Emeritus of Medicine
University of Minnesota

Senior Investigator
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation

612-863-2490 (fax)
612-889-7695 (mobile)

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the
unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world
to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
unreasonable man.

George Bernard Shaw