Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: absolute excess risks - test for trend

From   "raoul reulen" <>
Subject   st: absolute excess risks - test for trend
Date   Wed, 2 May 2007 13:21:15 +0100

I have calculated absolute excess risks of death in a cohort of people
with cancer by calculating the observed (O) and expected (E) deaths
,and using the formulae:

AER = ((O-E)/person-years) * 10,000

This gives me the excess risk per year per 10,000 persons. I have done
this for various age groups and would like to use a test for trend to
see whether there is a significant increase in the risk. How do I do
this in STATA? I probably should use an additive model, but where can
I find more information? Hope this is clear.

With many thanks,