From   "Masahiko Aida" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Windows 2003 stata memory
Date   Wed, 2 May 2007 07:54:42 -0400

That is happening with my 64bit Windows server 2003 too!!

I use 32bit intercooled STATA thought, but it should be able to handle
2.1 G, but I can allow me to allocate 900m to 1.1G, even when I have
more than 3G of unused memory!!

This is very disappointing, there should be way around this.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Hendri
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 10:11 AM
Subject: st: Windows 2003 stata memory

There is a known problem with winxp sp2 and stata due to the stata
requirement of a contiguous block of memory that winxp doesn't give. The
problem was described here:
A hotfix was also presented there.

Unfortunately, this problem also seems to occur on my win2003 server. I
4g but can assign at most 1100m. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Thank you in advance, best regards,

Hendri Adriaens
Researcher CentERdata
Tilburg Universiteit