Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Question on Logit/Probit

From   Clive Nicholas <>
Subject   Re: st: Question on Logit/Probit
Date   Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:59:39 +0000 (GMT)

David Cobey wrote:

I'm trying to estimate the percentage of an area under high yield variety
crops as time changes. I hoping to estimate a basic S shaped technology
diffusion model.  Can I use logit and probit for a continuous dependant
variable ranging from 0-1 or does logit/probit only work for discrete

Another alternative is Sean 'Jack' Buckley's -mlbeta- routine, which you can
get by typing

. net from

and click on -mlbeta-.

Hope that helps!

Clive Nicholas

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship.*