Re: st: Question on Logit/Probit

From   Joseph Coveney <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Question on Logit/Probit
Date   Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:45:09 +0900

David Cobey wrote:

I'm trying to estimate the percentage of an area under high yield variety
crops as time changes. I hoping to estimate a basic S shaped technology
diffusion model.  Can I use logit and probit for a continuous dependant
variable ranging from 0-1 or does logit/probit only work for discrete
variables?
If logit and probit won't work, how should I estimate this S shaped model?

Example of data -

Year    Percentage
1965     0
1966      .1