From   "Tiemann, Guido" <>
To   <>
Subject   AW: st: svyset problem
Date   Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:30:31 +0100

thanks for the kind reply. Actually my version of Stata is born when it should be born. However, I could not reproduce the error on any other computer so that obviously that is some problem of my machine/ my installation. Will be corrected by reinstallation ...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [] Im Auftrag von Svend Juul
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 14. März 2007 21:23
Betreff: Re: st: svyset problem

Guido wrote:
I encountered a problem with svyset and I just want
to find out if it is reproducible or just a problem
on my machine. The problem is that even the most basic
svyset does not work on my installation (Stata 9SE as
of 07 Mar 2007). See, for instance:
. webuse nmihs
. svyset _n
invalid survey characteristic
. which svyset
C:\Program Files\Stata9\ado\updates\s\svyset.ado
*! version 3.0.7  20sep2006
However, after renaming or deleting the updated svyset.ado
(above) the 'old' command from the base ado folder works
just fine:
. which svyset
C:\Program Files\Stata9\ado\base\s\svyset.ado
*! version 3.0.5  26aug2005
Try -about-. It should show something like:
. about
Stata/SE 9.2 for Windows
Born 06 Feb 2007
If the date of birth is older than that, your executable
has not been updated correctly, and that could explain
your problem. (did you -update swap- ?)
Hope this helps.
Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6