st: spmap - option fc() not allowed

From   Gawrich Stefan <[email protected]>
Subject   st: spmap - option fc() not allowed
Date   Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:14:44 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

testing the new spmap-ado by Maurizio Pisati I always get a very strange
error:

option fc() not allowed
r(198);

The strange thing is that this error occurs any time, no matter if the fc
option is used or not.
I already exchanged some mails with the program author but we couldn't find
the solution.

Take the first example from the spmap-helpfile
***
use "Italy-RegionsData.dta", clear
spmap relig1 using "Italy-RegionsCoordinates.dta", id(id)
***

If the dta-files are in the working directory, this should draw a map.
In my case, the above mentioned error is displayed.

Equivalent tmap-syntax works fine:
tmap chor relig1, id(id) map("Italy-RegionsCoordinates.dta")

Im using the latest Stata 9.2 (born Feb. 06, 2007) on Windows XP.
Is there anyone who also has this error or had it before in some context?

Best wishes

Stefan Gawrich
Hesse Health State Office
Dillenburg