Re: st: st dev for survey data

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: st dev for survey data
Date   Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:52:08 -0500

Check out this FAQ:

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/supweight.html

Lawrence Hanser wrote:
Dear Colleagues:
I have a large sample of survey data with sampling weights. It'
straightforward to use svy commands to get std errors, but I've been
asked to create whisker plots to show the dispersion in responses
around the mean. How can I (perhaps even, should I?) calculate the st
dev for each item?

Thanks.
Nicholas Winter                                 434.924.6994 t
Assistant Professor                             434.924.3359 f
Department of Politics                  [email protected] e
University of Virginia          faculty.virginia.edu/nwinter w
PO Box 400787, 100 Cabell Hall
Charlottesville, VA 22904