Re: st: option -robust- for -glm- and -poisson-

From   Joan Holand <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: option -robust- for -glm- and -poisson-
Date   Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:51:57 +0100

Dear colleagues,

thank you very much for your replies!

Joan

[email protected] writes:
In Stata, -robust- means Huber/White/sandwich estimator of variance
correcting the standard errors only for heteroscedasticity. The
following is a website discussing the corrections for the standard
errors (it discusses corrections for panel data, nonetheless several
are used for cross-sectional data as well, and I found it quite
interesting for non-experienced researchers/Stata users -- Stata
commands are cited, too, and discussed) http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/faculty/petersen/htm/papers/se/se_programming.htm

Huber, P. J. (1967), ‘The behavior of maximum likelihood estimates
under nonstandard conditions’, in Proceedings of the Fifth Berkeley
Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability, Vol. 1,
University of California Press, Berkeley, CA, pp. 221-233. White, H.,
1984, “A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator
and a Direct Test of Heteroskedasticity,” Econometrica 48, 817-838.