st: Re: Re: Construct Null Datasets through Bootstrap Resampling

Subject   st: Re: Re: Construct Null Datasets through Bootstrap Resampling
Date   Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:11:07 -0500

Just a quick follow-up... You will probably want to set the random number seed prior to running scramble. Also, I neglected to use quietly statements and therefore scramble will generate useless messages, so you should probably always call it as -quietly scramble-

Michael

p.s. sorry about forgetting to shorten to original post in my prior message

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Blasnik" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 2:54 PM
Subject: st: Re: Construct Null Datasets through Bootstrap Resampling

It seems like you want something similar to -permute- except you want to permute all of the variables, not just one. Here's a short program that will scramble all of the variables in your dataset. You can usel this within your own program and perform a monte carlo simulation (check out -simulate-).
<snip>
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/