Re: st: Re: Construct Null Datasets through Bootstrap Resampling

From   Erik Ingelsson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: Construct Null Datasets through Bootstrap Resampling
Date   Thu, 30 Nov 2006 23:32:27 -0500

Thanks Michael,

Yes, it was this I wanted. And it worked just fine in my do-file as well. During the process I have realized that I might perhaps also need to keep some variables together in groups (so that it is not totally scrambled, but randomly resorted but keeping two groups of variables together). For this Austin Nichols suggestion seems to work, so I think I have a solution for that as well.

Many thanks,
Erik Ingelsson

Quoting Michael Blasnik <[email protected]>:

It seems like you want something similar to -permute- except you want
to permute all of the variables, not just one.  Here's a short program
that will scramble all of the variables in your dataset.  You can usel
this within your own program and perform a monte carlo simulation
(check out -simulate-).

program define scramble
version 9.2
syntax [varlist]