Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: variance-covariance estimates for mprobit

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: variance-covariance estimates for mprobit
Date   Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:13:24 +0100 (BST)

the helpfile of -mprobit- states that: "The error terms are assumed to
be independent, standard normal, random variables." So the variance
covariance matrix is a matrix with ones on the diagonal and zeros
everywhere else.

--- martin battle <> wrote:
> I am trying to estimate a three choice dependent variable.  I have
> tried to use asmprobit, but it falls to converge, so I have estimated

> a model using mprobit.  However, while I can get the
> variance-covariance estimates in asmprobit, I do not know how to get
> them in mprobit.  Can I get them in mprobit, and if so how?

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam