Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: mlogit, bootstrap, mfx: "no observations"

From   "jean ries" <>
Subject   Re: st: mlogit, bootstrap, mfx: "no observations"
Date   Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:36:24 +0200

On 8/25/06, Guido Heineck <> wrote:
There is a reason for my need to bootstrap the standard errors: The covariates in local foo
(the ones I want to calculate the marginal effects for) are variables that are predicted from a
'first step' regression. My understanding is that I have to account for this but that estimating
robust standard errors may not be sufficient.
I wonder if in such a situation bootstrapping the second step is
sufficient. I think that you
should include the first step into the bootstrap as well.