Re: st: mlogit, bootstrap, mfx: "no observations"

From   "Guido Heineck" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: mlogit, bootstrap, mfx: "no observations"
Date   Fri, 25 Aug 2006 07:52:44 +0200

Dear Stas and Jean,

thank you for your comments.

There is a reason for my need to bootstrap the standard errors: The covariates in local foo (the ones I want to calculate the marginal effects for) are variables that are predicted from a 'first step' regression. My understanding is that I have to account for this but that estimating robust standard errors may not be sufficient.

And indeed - in another paper, different data, different topic, but same issue - a referee suggested to use bootstraping.

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Guido
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guido Heineck