Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: textbooks for a statistics course

From   Richard Williams <>
To, "statalist" <>
Subject   Re: st: textbooks for a statistics course
Date   Wed, 26 Jul 2006 22:36:22 -0500

At 01:00 PM 7/26/2006, Hyojoung Kim wrote:
Dear Stataliers,

This query is not specific to Stata, but I'd like to have your
recommendations on textbooks for my statistics course. The course will cover
OLS regression, Probit/Logit, Ordered Regression, Multinomial Regression,
Tobit Analysis for the audience of advanced undergraduate and graduate
students with rather weak mathematical background. Too technical a book
would not be appropriate for this group of audience. Ideal would be a book
that addresses basic computational procedures, interpretations, and
assumptions of each of the above regressions. Any suggestion is highly

Hyojoung Kim
We had a similar discussion a few weeks ago. See the thread that starts here

and continues into the next month here:

Note that it sort of got off track but did occasionally get back to the original subject!

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu