Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: textbooks for a statistics course

From   Sebastian Baumeister <>
Subject   Re: st: textbooks for a statistics course
Date   Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:52:28 +0200

Long's "Regression Models for Categorical and Limited Dependent Variable" is an excellent book on this topic. He (and J. Freese) also wrote a book on how to run these models in Stata

And here is a very useful online ressource

Hyojoung Kim schrieb:

Dear Stataliers,

This query is not specific to Stata, but I'd like to have your
recommendations on textbooks for my statistics course. The course will cover
OLS regression, Probit/Logit, Ordered Regression, Multinomial Regression,
Tobit Analysis for the audience of advanced undergraduate and graduate
students with rather weak mathematical background. Too technical a book
would not be appropriate for this group of audience. Ideal would be a book
that addresses basic computational procedures, interpretations, and
assumptions of each of the above regressions. Any suggestion is highly

Hyojoung Kim

* For searches and help try: