Re: st: Recoding missing variables

From   Ashwin Ananthakrishnan <[email protected]>
To   Robert Brummett <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Recoding missing variables
Date   Sat, 15 Jul 2006 20:23:36 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the reply. I do not want to drop the entire
observation as it has nonmissing values for some other
variables. For examples,

        var1     outcome1 var3   var4
obs1     1         2       7     99
obs2     99        99      3      1
obs3      0         2       5     4
obs4      1         0       99    99

For analyses of var1 , i want to include obs1, 3, 4
and for var 3 - obs 1,2, and 3.

However, when i run the regression for outcome1
against var1, var3 or var4, I do not want the "99" to
be included as a legitimate coding for those variables
and hence influence the odds ratio estimate.

Hope that clarifies my question a bit.

Thanks,
Ashwin