st: a question on testing for random effect model against fixedeffect model

From   Jian Zhang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: a question on testing for random effect model against fixedeffect model
Date   Sun, 16 Jul 2006 00:35:39 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Clive and Rodrigo!

I wonder if there is an alternative test for random effect against fixed
effect or a robust form of hausman test if the assumptions made for
Hausman test do not hold (one of the assumptions for hausman test
is the homoskedasticity and uncorrelation of the idiosyncratic errors.
But this is often invalid.)

Jian