Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: use of fracpoly with Proportional Odds model?

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: use of fracpoly with Proportional Odds model?
Date   Wed, 05 Jul 2006 07:42:01 -0500

At 06:12 AM 7/5/2006, Stephan Rudolfer wrote:
I am fitting PO models to ordinal categorical data, and wish to apply fractional polynomials to the continuous covariates. However, fracpoly does not allow ologit as the regression command.

Is there a work-around? Or some other way of achieving my aim?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance with this.
The list of "blessed" programs is contained in

I don't know why ologit is not on the list, e.g. is it sound statistical practice to exclude it or did nobody ever get around to programming it? I also don't know what good or bad things would happen if you created a modified program where ologit was among the blessed, but I suppose you could try it. Just don't zap the originals.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu