Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: use of fracpoly with Proportional Odds model?

From   "Stephan Rudolfer" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: use of fracpoly with Proportional Odds model?
Date   Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:12:31 +0100

I am fitting PO models to ordinal categorical data, and wish to apply fractional polynomials to the continuous covariates.  However, fracpoly does not allow ologit as the regression command.

Is there a work-around? Or some other way of achieving my aim?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance with this.
Dr Stephan M Rudolfer
Honorary Research Fellow in Biostatistics & Mathematical Statistics
Chairman, Manchester Group, Royal Statistical Society
Biostatistics Group, University of Manchester
Stopford Building, Oxford Road, MANCHESTER M13 9PT
Tel: +44 161 275 5054 Fax: +44 161 275 5205