Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Outreg: sign of t-statistics

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Outreg: sign of t-statistics
Date   Wed, 07 Jun 2006 16:13:25 -0500

At 03:05 PM 6/7/2006, Yvonne Capstick wrote:

I'm using the outreg file. The t-statistics currently appear as absolute values, regardless of the sign of the coefficient. I'd like it to display raw t-statistics: i.e. a positive t-stat if the coefficient is positive, and a negative t-stat if it's negative.

How do I do this? The outreg help file doesn't seem to have this as an option.

Thanks, Y
I can't speak for outreg, but a quick check shows that outreg2 gives t-statistics with the correct signs. Many people have switched to outreg2 or estout because they are more up to date than outreg is.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu