From   "Alex Ogan" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Outreg: sign of t-statistics
Date   Wed, 7 Jun 2006 16:32:06 -0400

Can anyone comment on the relative merits of outreg2 and estout, for the
benefit of those who don't want to install and experiment with both?

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Richard
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: st: Outreg: sign of t-statistics

At 03:05 PM 6/7/2006, Yvonne Capstick wrote:
>I'm using the outreg file. The t-statistics currently appear as
>absolute values, regardless of the sign of the coefficient. I'd like
>it to display raw t-statistics: i.e. a positive t-stat if the
>coefficient is positive, and a negative t-stat if it's negative.
>How do I do this? The outreg help file doesn't seem to have this as an
>Thanks, Y

I can't speak for outreg, but a quick check shows that outreg2 gives
t-statistics with the correct signs.  Many people have switched to
outreg2 or estout because they are more up to date than outreg is.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX:    (574)288-4373
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW (personal):
WWW (department):

*   For searches and help try:

This message is intended solely for the designated recipient(s). It may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to confidentiality protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you may not review, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message.

Arrowstreet Capital, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.