From   "Alex Ogan" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: excluding variables from varlist
Date   Wed, 24 May 2006 13:04:37 -0400

There's likely a better way, but I often do this:

foreach each var of varlist _all {
	if "`var'" == "a" continue
	if "`var'" == "b" continue

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 12:59 PM
Subject: st: excluding variables from varlist

using the foreach command I would like to exclude certain variables,
"foreach var of varlist _all [/excluding a, b, c/]".

Is that possible and if so how?

Thomas Triebs
Research Assistant
Electricity Policy Research Group
Faculty of Economics
University of Cambridge
Sidgwick Avenue, Austin Robinson Bldg.
Cambridge CB3 9DE
United Kingdom
Phone: +44-1223-335287
Fax: +44-1223-335299

*   For searches and help try:

This message is intended solely for the designated recipient(s). It may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to confidentiality protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you may not review, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message.

Arrowstreet Capital, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.