Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Two wishes

From   "Neil Shephard" <>
Subject   Re: st: Two wishes
Date   Tue, 23 May 2006 16:19:48 +0800

On 5/23/06, SamL <> wrote:
I've checked with top before.  It's RAM for me.  I didn't know stata did
that.  How do I get it to do it, or does it do it automatically?

Stata doesn't do it, its a feature of the operating system. *NIX
systems have a portion of the hard-drive partioned as 'swap' space
which will be used as memory if RAM is maxed out.  Windows does
something similar as well.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get
tired."  - Jules Renard

Email - /
Website -