RE: st: Re: generating a matrix

From   "Gauri Khanna" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: Re: generating a matrix
Date   Mon, 22 May 2006 13:32:24 +0000

Thank you all for your helpsful suggestions.

Gauri

From: Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Re: generating a matrix
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 08:24:14 -0400

No, you don't. You need to send your GAUSSophile friend a text file with three columns and 326 rows. Generate the stuff you want using Stata variables and use -outfile- to generate a text file of the sort that GAUSS will read. The same is true for interchanging data with any matrix language (e.g. MATLAB).

I'm not sure why a GAUSS user would want _you_ to generate a 326 x 3 matrix with only three distinct values (as that could be done in one line of GAUSS code, just as Nick Cox indicated it could be done in Stata)...

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html