Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: FW: How to make 'contract' create a row of zerofrequencies?

From   Roger Harbord <>
Subject   Re: st: FW: How to make 'contract' create a row of zerofrequencies?
Date   Mon, 22 May 2006 13:24:01 +0100

One solution could be to use -tabcount- by Nick Cox, available from SSC. You specify a list of values which define the categories of a variable that are to be counted, and zero frequencies are then included. The -replace- option makes it function much like -contract-, except zero frequencies are retained for the specified values.