Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: FW: how to caculate proportional mortality ratios

From   "Savas, Lara S" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: FW: how to caculate proportional mortality ratios
Date   Thu, 18 May 2006 14:12:45 -0500

Sorry for a mundane question.  I need to calculate age-standardized
proportional mortality ratios (PMRs).  I have a poisson dataset and I'm
calculating SMRs using both poisson & negative binomial regression
commands. I also want to calculate PMRs to check my SMRs.  I need age
adjusted PMRs.  I can not find anything in the Stata manuals or online
that offers Stata code for PMRs.  I want to caluclate many PMRs and
Proportional cancer mortality ratios across many different cancer sites,
to do this  in Excel would take a long time to hand enter my data.

Is this possible to do in Stata?

Thank you for any guidance you may have,