Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: predicting with probit

From   Scott Cunningham <>
Subject   st: predicting with probit
Date   Thu, 18 May 2006 15:11:13 -0400

I have individual level data observed over three years. An individual is considered a part of a "core" group if they had 5 or more sex partners in the last twelve months. I am then going to see how geographic conditions affects core and non-core members' condom usage, but arguably condom usage and sex partners are jointly determined. So, instead, I have been advised to estimate a reduced- form probit of "core" onto various exogenous determinants, and then based on that value of "core-hat" sort my sample into predicted in/ out categories, followed by my reduced form condom-use regressions onto each subsample. Is there a post-estimation command that will allow me to do this? *
* For searches and help try: